Ingredients - Serves (2 - 3 people)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 aubergine, ½ cm slices
- 1 large potato ½ cm slices
- 2 300g pots Tideford Organics Vegan Ragu Bolognese
- 30g cornflour
- 275ml soya milk
- 30g vegetable margarine
- Salt + pepper
- 30g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Oregano to garnish
Vegan Moussaka with Ragu Bolognese
Posted on 26th January 2018
A deliciously warming vegan version of this classic Greek dish – layers of aubergine + potato combined with a creamy vegan béchamel, + our Vegan Ragu Bolognese
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil + fry slices of aubergine on both sides. Set aside. Repeat with the potato slices. *
- Lightly grease a shallow oven-proof dish. Arrange half the aubergine slices across the base + top with one pot of the ragu. Arrange the potato slices on top + add the second pot of ragu. Finish with the remaining aubergine.
- In a small cup add a little of the soya milk to the cornflour + mix into a thin paste. Add to the remaining soya milk in a saucepan + whisk continuously over a gentle heat until thick + smooth. Stir in the vegetable margarine* + season with salt + pepper
- Pour over the aubergine + sprinkle with breadcrumbs + oregano.*
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
*Use a griddle pan for attractive griddle lines on the aubergine.
*Use 50g of cauliflower puree in place of margarine for extra goodness
*For a gluten free version use gluten free breadcrumbs or finely chopped walnuts