FOR THE CAKE
- 250g gluten free self-raising flour
- 200g granulated sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3tsp mixed spice
- 1 x Pot Tideford Organics Soothing Tomato + Red Pepper Soup
- 110g vegetable oil
- 100ml water
FOR THE FROSTING
- 50g dairy free margarine
- 75g soya cream cheese
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 350g icing sugar
- 30ml soya or rice milk (if needed)
Tomato Soup Spice Cake with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
Posted on 17th December 2018
A super simple spice cake recipe with a twist! The addition of our tomato + red pepper soup creates a deliciously moist cake for a sweet afternoon treat.
1. Heat the oven to 180° / 160°C fan. Grease a baking pan (approx. 30 x 25cm) + line with baking paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, mixed spice + bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. In another bowl mix the sugar, oil, soup + water. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients + tip in the soup mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until fully blended. Pour the batter into the pan.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
4. Beat the margarine, soya cream cheese + vanilla extract in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy. Slowly beat in the sieved icing sugar, adding a little soya milk if needed to soften. Frost the cake with the cream cheese mixture.