Ingredients - Serves (4 Pies)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 thumb ginger
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small butternut squash
- 2 medium potatoes
- Large handful of coriander
- 100g frozen peas
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 1 pot Tideford Organics Vegan Rogan Josh
- 1/2 lime
- Salt + pepper
- 2 x 320g sheets of gluten-free puff pastry
- 4 tsp gluten-free plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp plant milk of your choice
- + 4 springform pie tins approx. 11cm in diameter
So Vegan’s Veggie Curry Pies
Posted on 1st November 2018
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan on a medium heat. While the pan heats up, peel + discard the skin of the onion, slice it thinly + add it to the pan. Fry for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until it begins to caramelise.
2. Meanwhile, peel + finely dice the ginger + garlic. Then peel + dice the butternut squash + potatoes. Quarter the cherry tomatoes + finely chop the stalks of the coriander, saving the leaves for later. Add the ginger, garlic, squash, potatoes, tomatoes + coriander stalks to the pan + fry for a further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the frozen peas, spinach leaves + Rogan Josh Curry Sauce to the frying pan + simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Next, roughly chop the coriander leaves + stir them into the pan along with the juice from the half of lime + season to taste with salt + pepper.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C fan.
6. Meanwhile, roll out the pastry on a floured surface until it’s a few millimetres thick. Use a sharp knife to cut 4 circles a few cms wider than the pie tins (make sure you leave enough pastry for the tops), then line the pie tins with the pastry by pressing the pastry into the base + sides to ensure the inside of the tin is fully covered. Sprinkle a tsp of flour over the base to stop it going soggy, then fill each pie with the curry filling.
7. Use the remaining pastry to cover each pie + pinch the top + sides of the pastry together to close the pie.
8. Brush the tops with plant milk + bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
9. We love to serve our pies with homemade chips + mushy peas. Enjoy!