Ingredients - Serves (Makes 8 small burgers)
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1tbsp Tideford Brown Rice Miso
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tomato purée or tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 400g/14oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 60g/2¼oz can sweetcorn, drained
Smoky Miso Bean Burgers
Posted on 9th October 2017
These smoky vegan bean burgers are a wonderfully rich combination of kidney beans, smoked paprika
and Brown Rice Miso.
Delicious served in a bun with salad or Vegan Coleslaw.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Put the spices, onion, oil, miso, ketchup or puree in a food processor and whiz to form a thick paste. Add the beans, oats, flaxseed and sweetcorn. Season with salt and pepper, and whiz briefly to combine everything, retaining some texture.
- Divide the mixture into 8 small burgers. Place on a greased baking tray and ideally chill for a minimum of 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat the grill/broiler. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- Serve in buns with lettuce, onion and sliced tomato with vegan coleslaw on the side.
With thanks to Christine Bailey – you can find more of her delicious recipes here.