- 1 small pumpkin (roughly 500g)
- Olive oil, for roasting
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 pot Tideford Organics Vegan Basil Pesto
Roasted Pumpkin + Basil Pesto Hummus
Posted on 11th October 2018
As a tasty side dish for this year’s Halloween feast, or a snack on a cosy autumn night, this recipe features our Vegan Basil Pesto for that extra zing.
1. Cut off the top of the pumpkin, about two-thirds of the way up. Remove the pumpkin seeds, then scoop the flesh out of the bottom + the lid.
2. Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Cut the pumpkin flesh into pieces + put in a roasting tin with the garlic + a good glug of oil. Season, then bake for 45 mins until very tender. Leave to cool.
3. Tip the pumpkin into a food processor with any juices from the roasting tin + the garlic. Add the lemon juice, tahini paste + chickpeas. Season with salt + blend to a paste – add a little more oil if it's too thick. Stir in the pesto + serve!
Tip: Try scooping the hummus back into the pumpkin + serve with vegetable sticks, gluten free breadsticks + tortilla chips.