- 2 cups Gram Flour (sometimes called Garbanzo or Chickpea Flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tideford Organics Fresh White Miso
- 1 heaped tsp Tahini
- Coconut Oil
- Soy Milk (or Almond Milk)
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Miso
Posted on 21st October 2017
- Turn on your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add the gram flour, baking powder and coconut palm sugar. Give it a mix and then add 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips and mix again.
- In a separate bowl add 1 heaped teaspoon of fresh white miso and the tahini and cream them together.
- Add to this 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil and 1/2 cup of soy milk (or almond). Mix it well and add to your dry flour mixture. When it’s all well mixed it should be a doughy consistency. If it’s too dry add a little more milk, if too wet add a little more flour.
- Then take heaped tablespoons of the mixture and put it into cling film, make into a ball and then turn each ball out onto your lined baking sheet and flatten them out into cookie shapes. You can make 6 large cookies or 12 small ones.
- When you have all your cookies place them in the oven until golden (about 10 mins). Leave your cookies to cool down (I know it’s difficult) - if you don’t they may crumble. To keep them fresh keep in an air tight container or freeze them.