Ingredients - Serves (4 people)
- 1x bunch baby orange carrots
- 1x bunch baby purple carrots
- 2x heads fresh fennel
- 4x baby button mushrooms
- ½ bunch fresh thyme
- ¼ head savoy cabbage, cut into thumb sized pieces
- 1 litre fresh vegetable stock
- 50ml olive oil
- 8 beetroot leaves, picked from a bunch
- 3 tbsp Tideford Organics Fresh Brown Rice Miso
Carrot, Fennel, Mushroom+Thyme Miso Broth
Posted on 15th August 2016
A cleansing miso broth packed with colourful veggies, infused with fresh thyme. Makes for a fantastically wholesome, warming lunch.
- Wash and trim the carrots and slice the 2 fennel heads.
- Place it all into a saucepan, along with the fresh thyme, 1 tbsp Fresh Brown Rice Miso and the vegetable stock.
- Pop the pan over a high heat and bring the broth to the boil. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce the heat and leave it to simmer gently for 20 minutes. Add the cabbage in for the last 4 minutes.
- Thinly slice the button mushrooms. In each of the serving bowls, place 4 slices of mushroom, 1 tsp of miso and two small beetroot leaves. Pour the hot broth into each serving bowl and spoon the cooked vegetables evenly between the dishes.
- Garnish by drizzling with olive oil and sprinkling some picked thyme leaves on top