Ingredients - Serves (6)
- 3 aubergines, cut in half lengthways
- 2 pots Tideford Organics Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 300g cooked quinoa
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1/2 courgette, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, finely cut
- 2 tbs capers
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Handful greek basil
- 3 tbs passata
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch salt + pepper
- 1 Tideford Organics Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Tahini dressing (mix tahini, water + seasoning)
- Fresh rocket & watercress
- Lemon juice
- Toasted pine nuts
Avant Garde Vegan’s Stuffed Aubergines
Posted on 13th October 2017
We love the Avant Garde Vegan and his beautiful
+ inventive vegan recipes.
This delicious dinner features our Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto combined with charred aubergines, quinoa + loads of delicious veggies.
- Grill the aubergines flesh side down until charred. Then place them into a baking tray, charred side up.
- Spoon over some Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto.
- Place the coated aubergines into your oven set at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl mix together the quinoa, red pepper, courgette, onion, capers, basil, 5 tbsps of pesto, paprika, passata + lemon zest. Mix well then season with salt + pepper.
- Remove the aubergines from the oven, using a fork carefully score & mash the flesh making room for the quinoa mix.
- Generously spoon some of the quinoa mix into each aubergine.
- Bake the stuffed aubergines in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve with additional pesto drizzled over, tahini dressing, rocket + watercress + a splash of fresh lemon juice
Cooking + Preparation time: 35 minutes
With thanks to the Avant Garde Vegan, check out his YouTube channel here.