Our Veganuary Top 10
Posted on 26th January 2018
2018 is our second year supporting this ground-breaking charity, who inspire people to try a vegan diet for the 31 days of January. This year has been more successful than ever, and to celebrate we've gathered together our Veganuary top 10:
- Record breaking. Over 160,000 people have signed up, smashing all expectations. Last year over 60% of people were still vegan 6 months later, fingers crossed you feel the same in 2018.
- Free running. What do Downton Abbey’s Peter Egan, Harry Potter’s Evanna Lynch, and free runner Tim Shieff have in common? They were all 2018 Veganuary ambassadors, and we can’t get enough of Tim’s jaw dropping antics. Try watching this without gasping.
- Controversy causing. When Piers Morgan called Veganuary ‘a special new kind of hell’ he probably wasn’t intending to boost the number of people signing up. But he did! Thanks Piers.
- Recipe drooling. Wicked Healthy’s special Veganuary recipes had us salivating every day of the month. For future reference (and drooling) you can find them all here.
- Fine dining. Although cooking from scratch is great, it’s also nice to let someone else do the hard work. Lots of restaurants, cafés and shops now cater for vegans – we challenge you not to find something tempting on this list.
- Book launching. If Santa brought you one of the many brilliant vegan books launching this year, you’re in for a treat. From Veganuary’s very own How To Go Vegan, Avant Garde Vegan’s mouth-watering Vegan 100, or essential reading 15 Minute Vegan there’s something for everyone.
- Weight lifting. We love seeing so many ‘plant powered’ t-shirts in the gym. Get planning your next workout / brunch date here. Or if you’re in need of some high protein meal prep for those early morning starts, look no further.
- Myth busting. From 'where do you get your protein?' to 'that's expensive' we've loved seeing common questions being answered. Take a look at Veganuary's Myth Bingo and see if you've got a full house.
- Hummus eating. Let's be honest, hummus is a go-to food for lots of people trying a vegan diet - easy to make at home or find in the shops, delicious, and goes with pretty much everything (you can even have it as dessert!). Take it to the next level in February with our Three Year Aged Miso.
- Veganuary: not just for January. If you’ve completed the Veganuary challenge – congratulations! There are plenty of other ways to have a positive impact on the environment through the choices you make – like these beautiful vegan products to brighten up your bathroom. Or, if January wasn’t your thing, you can still sign up to try a vegan diet for a month, any time you like. Veganuary will give you all the support, tips, recipes and guidance you need – just click here.