Our First Vegan Birthday
Posted on 31st October 2017
In September 2016, Tideford made a big (some said risky!) change. We became the UK’s first organic vegan + gluten-free brand. To celebrate, we wanted to see just how much of a difference a year makes.
We’ve calculated the environmental impact of our new vegan range*, and we’re delighted to say that…
- With your help, Tideford has saved 63,000 kg of C02 this year
- That’s the same amount of carbon stored by 74 acres of forest in 1 year
- It’s the equivalent of switching over 2,000 lightbulbs from incandescent to LED
- And would be the same amount of C02 produced by a car driving over 154,000 miles
We know there’s still a long way to go, but would like to thank everyone who has joined us over the last year. We’ve made a lot of new friends, too many to list here, but would like to mention just a few…
We’ve been consistently inspired by the inventiveness and passion of Vevolution. Their festival this November has an incredible line up of speakers, a plant-based Dragon’s Den…oh, and we’ll be there too! Tickets are already sold out but you can join the waiting list here.
Plus we’re delighted to be partnering with Veganuary, who have already helped thousands of people try out a vegan diet, many for the first time. We’re hoping for lots more in 2018, so sign up here for recipes, tips + special offers.
And finally, to everyone reading this - if we could bake a giant vegan birthday cake to split with you all, we would.
Instead, thank you for your continued support, lovely reviews, Instagram posts with our empty pots, your amazing miso recipes…keep them coming! We can’t wait to share another exciting 365 days with you.
* Please note all calculations are approximate, based on the number of delicious soups we’ve sold in the past year. We have also aimed to take into account the running of our factory and distribution of our products.