- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium sticks celery, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 x 400g tins tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tideford Organics Fresh Brown Rice Miso
- 300ml water (or 150ml water plus 150ml vegan red wine)
- 2 courgettes, sliced thickly (about 300g)
- 100g buckwheat
Veggie Hotpot with Buckwheat
Posted on 27th December 2019
Our Veggie Hotpot is super simple to make and the ideal comfort food to greet you at the end of a busy winter’s day.
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan. Add the onions and cook gently for 5 – 10 mins until softened.
2. Add the garlic, spices, dried thyme, carrots, celery and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, water (and wine if using), Miso paste, courgettes and buckwheat and cook for 20 – 25 minutes. Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander.
Tip – place all the ingredients in a slow cooker (leave out the water) stir + cook on high for 6-8 hours or low for 8-12 hours.