- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g Arborio rice
- 700ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tideford Organics Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Risotto
Posted on 19th April 2018
For a comforting but summery dinner, try this quick + easy vegan risotto using our Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto.
- In a saucepan gently fry the onions in the olive oil until they are soft, add the garlic + fry for a further two minutes.
- Pour the rice into the pan + stir until the rice is coated in the oil + begins to go very slightly translucent.
- Add one ladleful of stock to the pan + stir. Keep stirring continuously until the stock has been absorbed by the rice, then add a further ladleful of the stock. After 5 minutes of cooking add the tin of tomatoes. Keep adding the stock until all the stock has been absorbed.
- The risotto is ready when the rice has a very slight bite. Stir in a few tablespoons of the pesto, put the lid on + leave the risotto to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
With thanks to the Seasoned Cookery School for this recipe.