Ingredients - (serves 4 people)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, thinly sliced (shiitake work well)
- Half a head of shredded white cabbage
- 2tbsp Tideford Organics Red Miso paste
- 600ml hot water
- 100g gluten free Soba noodles or brown rice noodles
For the toppings:
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 baby pak choi, sliced in half
- Salt to taste
- 400g firm tofu
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- Sweet Chilli sauce to taste
Vegan Ramen Lunch Bowl
Posted on 30th April 2020
Rustle up our super simple vegan ramen featuring our Fresh Red Miso for a light and wholesome lunch packed full of umami goodness.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large soup pot. Add the spring onions and shiitake mushrooms and cook over medium high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cabbage and continue cooking for 4 minutes.
2. Add the Red Miso Paste and hot water and bring to boil. Add the noodles, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the noodles are cooked through.
3. In the meantime, prepare the toppings. Heat 1 tsp of sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan. Arrange the baby pak choi halves flat side down, add salt and cook over a medium high heat for 3 to 5 minutes until the surface starts to brown. Turn them over and cook for another 2 minutes. Keep warm until ready to use.
4. Heat 1 tsp of sesame oil in the same pan. Add the diced tofu* and cook, tossing often, for 3-4 minutes or until it starts to brown. Add the tamari sauce and cook for another minute.
5. Serve the ramen hot in a large bowl, topped with the sautéed baby pak choi, tofu and a spoonful of chili sauce.
*Tip – if using soft Tofu then simply add to the ramen broth for a couple of minutes until heated through.