Ingredients - (serves 4-6 people)
- 500g chickpeas: either dried + soaked for 24 hours, or tinned if you have less time
- 200ml tahini
- 1 bulb garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 3 - 4 tsp Tideford Organics Fresh Three Year Aged Miso
- 1 lemon
- 200ml olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 small bag rocket
Three Year Aged Miso Hummus with Crostini
Posted on 26th January 2018
Our Three Year Aged Miso is the product of years of careful research. The incredibly rich, complex umami flavour is the perfect addition to take your hummus to the next level. Spread onto crostini it makes the perfect party canapés.
- If using dried chickpeas, soak in water for 24 hours. Then place in a large pot, cover with 8cm of water, + bring to the boil. Skim off any white foam that has risen to the top + turn down to a simmer. Cook the chickpeas for 90 minutes or until they are past the ‘al dente’ stage with no crunch to them.
- Or if using tinned chickpeas, strain + wash them, place in a pan + cover with water, then gently warm through.
- Once the chickpeas are cooked, allow them to cool a little + then with a slotted spoon, start to spoon three quarters of the chickpeas into a food processor or bar blender.
- Reserve the chickpea water + cover the chickpeas in the blender with some of the water.
- Add the tahini, 3 garlic cloves, salt, 2 tsp of the Miso + the juice of 1 lemon.
- Slowly start the blender running + mix well until the hummus begins to thicken.
- If the mixture stops turning + is too thick, add a few tablespoons of the reserved water until the mixture starts to turn again.
- Slowly start to add the olive oil, in a steady stream until it is all gone.
- Stop the blender + check the seasoning. You can up the levels of Miso to suit your preferred taste.
- To make a lovely crostini topping, crush the remaining chickpeas with the back of a wooden spoon in a frying pan on a low heat.
- Add a teaspoon of Three Year Aged Miso, a drizzle of olive oil + 5 or 6 tablespoons of the freshly made hummus.
- Toast/grill some ciabatta bread crostini, rub them with fresh garlic + spoon on some of the crushed chickpea mixture.
- Top off with a piece of rocket leaf + a drizzle of olive oil. Serve warm.
With thanks to Arthur Potts Dawson.