Ingredients - (serves 4 people)
- 1kg firm, fresh tofu
- 200g fresh ginger
- 4 fresh limes
- 1kg fresh purple sprouting broccoli, or similar
- 250g kimchi
- 150ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp Tideford Organics Fresh Haccho Miso
Haccho Miso, Ginger + Lime Marinated Tofu with Broccoli + Kimchi
Posted on 26th January 2018
Tofu is rich in calcium + protein – in this recipe from Arthur Potts Dawson it’s marinated in a combination of zingy lime, tangy fresh ginger, plus an umami hit of fresh miso. Serve with fresh purple sprouting broccoli + kimchi
- Cut the tofu into 2cm square pieces + reserve in a shallow flat dish.
- Roll the limes on a hard surface to soften them for juicing later on. Peel the limes, then finely chop the zest. Then peel + chop the ginger into matchsticks. Mix the lime zest + ginger in with the tofu.
- Add the Haccho Miso to a bowl, + squeeze the lime juice in. Mix the two together well before adding the olive oil + stirring. Then pour this mixture over the tofu.
- Gently stir the tofu together with the Haccho mixture + allow it to marinade for an hour to let the flavours infuse.
- Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to the boil. Trim, halve + wash the broccoli + blanch in the boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- In a shallow frying pan on a medium heat, place the tofu + Haccho marinade. Warm the tofu slightly, turning it gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli from the water + arrange it on 4 large serving plates. Distribute the tofu evenly across the plates + drizzle over the warmed marinade.
- Roughly chop the kimchi + garnish the plates with it. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil + serve.
With thanks to Arthur Potts Dawson.