- 1 red, 1 green + 1 yellow Pepper, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 button mushrooms
- 1 pack of firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 x pots Tideford Organics Vegan Rogan Josh
- 280g of Basmati rice
- 200g peas
- 10g of nigella seeds
Griddled Vegetable Skewers with Rogan Josh Sauce
Posted on 19th June 2018
If a BBQ is on the cards, then try this recipe for smoky, spicy vegetable skewers. Fresh + flavoursome they’re a great way of spicing up your five a day.
- Place the peppers, onion, mushrooms + tofu in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of sunflower oil + half of one of the pots of Rogan Josh. Cover + marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- After marination make up 8 small skewers with alternate vegetables + tofu.
- Rinse the basmati rice + season to taste. Cook as per the pack instructions adding the peas + nigella seeds for the final 5 minutes of cooking. Drain + keep warm.
- Warm the remaining Rogan Josh sauce either in a pan or simply microwave.
- Oil and season a griddle pan + heat. Add the skewers + turn until all sides are well browned.
- Serve on a bed of the warm rice + topped with the remaining Rogan Josh sauce. Alternatively you can use the griddled vegetables to fill gluten-free chapatis.