- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- Freshly chopped coriander plus extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 140g basmati rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube or 200ml fresh vegetable stock
- 1 x pot Tideford Organics Vegan Tikka Masala
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 sweet potato, peeled + diced into 1cm chunks
- 3 tbsp of soya yoghurt
Chickpea + Sweet Potato Tikka Masala with Green Rice
Posted on 19th June 2018
Gently warming + indulgent this Chickpea + Sweet Potato Tikka Masala is a delicious weeknight dinner, or the perfect veggie dish for your next picnic in the park.
- Place the basmati rice in a pan of water + add the vegetable stock. Add seasoning if required. Bring to the boil + simmer until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the Tikka sauce, chickpeas + sweet potato in a pan + bring to a simmer. Bubble gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the rice + keep warm.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan + add the spinach, chilli, onion + coriander. Fry until the onion is starting to brown slightly + then add the rice + turn off the heat. Stir in the vegetables gently so that the rice doesn’t break up.
- Serve topped with the Tikka sauce + dress with the soya yoghurt + a little coriander.