TURNING THE TIDE ON PLASTIC
Posted on 26th February 2018
At Tideford we love the world around us. It’s why we’ve always been organic + one of the reasons we became a vegan brand. So with that in mind, we’re launching a challenge to find an alternative to plastic.
Although all of our soup pots are recyclable, we’re aware that isn’t enough. So we are working with suppliers, experts + top universities to find a more environmentally friendly + sustainable way to get our lovely soups, sauces + miso out into the world.
If you’re thinking about changing your routine too, here are five of our favourite alternatives that can reduce plastic consumption from morning to night.
- If like us you can’t imagine giving up a daily caffeine hit, there are lots of alternatives to takeaway cups (most aren’t recyclable). Try these gorgeous designs from ecoffee cup.
- Having Tideford soup for lunch in the office? Our packaging doubles up as the perfect pen pot. But if it’s a salad (or sandwich) day, check out these lunch boxes that avoid plastic altogether.
- Over half of our bodies are made up of water + carrying a little extra around in your bag can still help the planet. There are so many reusable bottles to choose from, but we love S’well . Their bottles can keep drinks cold for 24 hours, hot for 12 hours, come in a huge range of shapes, sizes, colours + they are all BPA free.
- We’re all about a winning smile, but unfortunately toothbrushes are a chewy issue. There isn’t currently a vegan-friendly biodegradable bristle on the market – but for now we love these with a biodegradable bamboo handle.
- Finally, you’re going to need a bag to carry everything in! Matt + Nat make vegan-friendly bags for everyone in your life. All their linings are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles, they’ve just started using recycled rubber tyres in some designs, + are always striving to be as sustainable as possible.